[dundee] Abertay gaming centre

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:07:22 UTC 2009

Found this when going through some 4th year, 1st semester coursework,
I wrote it one night and seems I accidentally included it an appendix.
I think the lecturer didn't see it anyway

Abertay: Breaking Barriers by...

...claiming to be agnostic on such things and open to ideas but then
making the non-open choice or teaching to a vendor or product.
...giving extra funding and attention to degrees guaranteed to get
them media attention.
...making every second module web technology or mobile related.
...teaching a networking course where half of it isn't networking.
...teaching a networking course where I was asked by a majority of
people what a switch was in the context of the command line.
...teaching a networking course where I was asked by a majority of
people to read a description in a "Snort for Dummies" book and make it
easier.
...teaching a networking course where a majority couldn't describe a
DNS query on the spot or for that matter how a switch works.
...producing students, whose first reaction when issued with a
coursework in their degree speciality is to search for a guide, follow
it badly, then repeat the process expecting different results.
...producing students with no thinking or social skills who'll believe
any crap I tell them.
...producing networking students who would struggle on a helpdesk, or
even a call centre.
...screwing me over by making me lose interest, avoid classes and do
everything at the last minute.
...making me lose faith in humanity.
...Ignoring legitimate student complaints submitted by most of the
year with proof.

BTW in terms of anger, bitterness and shear twistedness you've all got
nothing on me

Kris