[dundee] Debian installer DVD Drive issues.

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:21:43 UTC 2009

2009/2/11 Nicholas Walker <tel0seh at googlemail.com>:
> My motherboard is  DFI Lanparty DK  P45-T2RS PLUS Socket 775 board, with a
> Intel Quad Q9300 2.5ghz processor. I'm installing version 40r6 which is Etch
> if I recall.

It is your sata dvd that is the problem as Debian Etch is an older
kernel and is not picking it up, a person had the same problem as you.

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=27564&highlight=&sid=b023ade5081e5a07c026d93d6101288e

Anyway Debian Lenny is getting released on Saturday so it looks like
waiting for that. I have been using Debian Lenny since last September
and I am impressed with it.

One last option if you can't wait until Saturday. When the install cd
comes up for boot add extra kernel parameters. Write on the boot line;

linux libata.atapi_enabled=1

This can help with detection of the sata dvd drive, if it doesn't work
wait until Saturday, if it does work you can upgrade from Etch to
Lenny by replacing the word etch with lenny in your repositories.

Gordon