[dundee] Change of Distro - light blue touchpaper and retire

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:42:37 UTC 2009

2009/2/25 Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk>

> > on the plus side you have a beard, hate Ubuntu you should fit in with
> > no problems at all.
>
> Mwahahahah. Where's Gordon, that's what I want to know.

At the moment I am transferring all Taylug archives into a database for the
new Taylug web site. The only thing is that the archives has all email
headers on the from line in the format - Jimmy at googlemail.com, for
example, so I have to replace it in a text editor to
jimmy at googlemail.comfor it to be accepted in the 'Lurker' database. I
have to do this for every
message from 2002, I am now at September 2007 so I will soon be finished. In
testing the search of the database, I just have to type in some expletives
and all these messages turns up will Lee's name on it (Heh! Heh!). The
TayLUG old timer award (Geeker as opposed to Oscar) goes to Jason Cormie who
sent the second post to the emailing list back in 2002. As for distros, well
say no more but Fedora 10 just rocks with a single multimedia repository
(rpmfusion) that takes care of all proprietary codecs etc. To me it is a
desktop, workstation and server rolled into one that can switch to XFCE, KDE
or Gnome at a click. I suppose I am a bit biased, just like everyone else.

Gordon