[dundee] New TayLUG website

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:27:59 UTC 2009

2009/7/1 gordon dunlop <astrozubenel at googlemail.com>:
> The new TayLUG website is now up on my home server, A TayLUG member has
> kindly offered to host the site on one of his company's servers. This will
> be better in the long term and an Industrial-type server is better then a
> home server. It is envisaged that this will happen within the next two
> weeks, in the meantime I have a test version (similar to the final version)
> up and running within a virtual machine on my CentOS 5.3 server. Due to it
> being a test version (called it TayLUG preview) accounts can't be created.
> When the changeover to the other server has been completed and everything
> tested satisfactory I will email the list with details for accounts etc. To
> give people some technical info on the site.

Wow, Nice one Gordon!!!

> Mail Archives:
>
> All the mail archives from 2002 until June 2009 has been archived. The
> Lurker database has a strong search engine giving a knowledge base to the
> TayLUG.
>
> TayLUG Blog:
>
> This for any TayLUG member to blog on what they want (within common sense &
> good taste) especially where it is not pertinent to post on the list.

My only comment is that the use of IFrames for including the
mail-archives/blog embedded under the wiki is bad idea...  It breaks
the linkability of information behind the IFrame, and also makes
things harder.  I understand the desire to create a uniform look and
feel within the wiki, but it'll be far more usable and useful not to
embed them, and have them stand-alone.

Great work, can't wait for this to up and running for real.

R.