[dundee] New TayLUG website

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 11:57:38 UTC 2009

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SlippyMap

slippy map :-)

--- On Mon, 6/7/09, gordon dunlop <astrozubenel at googlemail.com> wrote:

From: gordon dunlop <astrozubenel at googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [dundee] New TayLUG website
To: "Tayside Linux User Group" <dundee at lists.lug.org.uk>
Date: Monday, 6 July, 2009, 10:45 AM

2009/7/6 Lee Hughes <toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk>

Looks good, I can host if needed.  :-) nice one.

Thanks for the offer Lee but I've had an offer of hosting it on a local server.

Cloud stuff looks interesting! and works!
That's good, if anyone comes across any bugs or whatever let me know please.

maybe look about using open street map, rather google maps... being that osm has
a 'free' kinda feel to it.

Good point but as yet there are no Mediawiki extensions (last time I looked) so I had to use google maps. Just as a point of interest, I had to get a special key from Google that is strictly tied to the domain www.dundeelug.org.uk in order to use it, so if anyone is thinking of doing the same for their web sites they have to get a separate key for every domain.

on those slick , and clean!

well done!

 Thanks,

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk