[dundee] Apache2 VirtualHosts setup... Any help?

christopher wyllie cgwyllie at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 29 21:52:39 UTC 2009

Hello,
I am currently trying to set up a virtual host on my localhost server. I
have tried several times but so far no luck. The page I've been following
just now is this: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/412
I'm running Debian Etch with Apache 2.2.3. I setup the "NameVirtualHost *"
as shown at the link I posted. I have the "default" virtual host file in
sites-available and symlinked to the sites-enabled. Then, I've created a
"labs.localhost" file and enabled it too. It simply has a different
ServerName and DocumentRoot.
Apache restarts no problem but when I try to visit "http://labs.localhost" I
get a "could not locate remote server" error in the browser...
Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? Is it a DNS issue or similar?
It would be useful for me to have virtualhosts but I can't seem to get it
working :-(
Thanks for reading,
  Chris
P.S. Included site config files...