[dundee] Defcon-16 Media Archives

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 11 19:51:31 UTC 2009

2009/3/11 Nicholas Walker <tel0seh at googlemail.com>

> I managed to sort out an automated download. Heres what I did.
>

> wget https://www.defcon.org/podcast/defcon-16-video.rss
>
> then
>
> cat defcon-16-video.rss | grep .m4v > dump.txt
>
> then
>
> cat dump.txt
>
> cat dump.txt | cut -d '"' -f2 > urls.txt
>
> I tried this but it did not work. Not that I wanted to download all the
videos, but I just wanted to see if it worked. I think the problem was
trying to use the double quotes as the delimiter. So I re-wrote it, a couple
of extra lines, but it works.

cat dump.txt | cut -d= -f2 > cleanup1.txt

cat cleanup1.txt | cut -d" " -f1 > cleanup2.txt

sed 's/"//g' cleanup2.txt > urls.txt

Now do your shell script

Gordon