[dundee] Googlemail

John¹ seago.john at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 16 08:21:12 UTC 2009

On Sunday 22 February 2009 14:23:17 Sean McRobbie wrote:
> > I contacted my ISP who got BT engineers onto the issue. There was
> > conjestion at the exchange causing exactly this for myself making it
> > impossible to work on servers via SSH. My ISP managed to get BT to
> > move me onto another path within a few hours effectively solving the
> > problem.
> >
> > Hope this helps.

As a last resort and having a Googlemail address as the default address in
Kmail, having just pushed the 'send' button yesterday, (after 3 weeks of
Googlemail refusing to send), I got one message that went through, tried
again and the second one didn't, giving me an error message saying
something to the effect that, smtp.googlemail.com server could not be
contacted, (which it has been ever since this problem started), I altered,
smtp.googlemail.com to smtp.gmail.com, and all seems to be working
normally again!

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/