[dundee] Martial Arts Classes in Dundee

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 01:59:45 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Yes, this is a blatant spam, but it's hopefully something that will be
of interest to some of the members of taylug.

So; If you're interested in learning Aikido (a Japanese martial art)
then there has been an Aikido class running in Dundee for many years
(once upon a time we were even Abertay's Aikido Society!!)....

Anyway, classes cost just £3.50 for 2 hours; and run on Monday's from
7pm till 9pm.  The instructor (a 4th Dan), is as good as they come and
has been training Aikido since he was seven, for a total of almost 40
years!

I recently created a website for the club, which should answer some
questions you might have:

http://www.dundeeaikido.co.uk/

To reduce the spaminess of this email (unlikely), I should mention
that within the Open Source community there are many developers who
have found Aikido to be beneficial.  These include:

- Eric Raymond (founder of the Open Source Initiative, and author of
The Cathedral and the Bazaar)
- Paul Graham (Famous Computer Hacker)

For those interested, I built and hosted the website using Google
Sites.  I was skeptical at first but the experience was largely
positive.  The main benefit was the speed with which something could
be thrown together; without any administrative/development head-aches.
 If you have any feedback on the site, then I'd be greatfull.

At some point I may rebuild the site using something more suited, but
for now it's Google Sites FTW!

R.

p.s. If anyone has any questions regarding Aikido classes in Dundee,
then they should contact me off list.