[dundee] U.K. Government to monitor social networking sites

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 08:59:29 UTC 2009

2009/3/25 John¹ <seago.john at googlemail.com>:
> On Wednesday 25 March 2009 18:17:32Dan Bolser <dan.bolser at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> My friend worked on algorithms for discovering 'pathways' in abstract
>> protein-protein interaction networks. I suggested that he patent this
>> for intelligence gathering purposes, but he didn't see the point. I'm
>> really thinking to start a business to apply biologically motivated
>> analysis (PPI networks) to sites like Facebook.
>
> I know a retired Patent Attorney who might be prepared to take a look at it
> for you. Would you like me to ask?

Can you patent something once its been published?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14661027

The application domain is different, but the algorithm would be the
same (in this case) - not sure if it really fits the need of
'monitoring facebook'. However, if your interested in other types of
biologically motivated analysis I'd be happy to discuss related ideas
further ;-)

Dan.