[dundee] Hard Drive recovery

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 16:58:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:37:45 +0000 (GMT)
Lee Hughes <toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> so your saying that windows ata drivers are so bad, there good?
>
> or linux ata drivers are so good, there bad?
>
> or in fact linux ata drivers are so bad, there bad?
>
> do you know if use any recovery software?

I wasn't saying any of those things, I was just surprised. Maybe he
just got lucky. It was a SATA drive, I don't know if that's
significant. I don't think he used any recovery software, just a
utility to access the ReiserFS partition, which Windows obviously
doesn't support natively.

James