[dundee] LinuxFest Northwest 2009 - 10th Anniversary

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Tue May 5 09:42:23 UTC 2009

2009/5/1 Andrew Clayton <andrew at digital-domain.net>

> I'm using Adobe's flash player (I wish I didn't have to use any
> flash!). Fomr some things it'll save a copy to /tmpFlash*.
> Unfortunately in this case it doesn't and "mplayer -dumpstresm URL
> -dumpfile FILE" doesn't seem to like the compressed flash format.

Have you tried xvidcap, the Linux Video Capture Utility:

http://xvidcap.sourceforge.net/

Download here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=81535&package_id=83441

You'll have to compile from source for Fedora, I didn't run into any
problems regarding dependencies during compiling. I found that I got better
performance turning off my Compiz desktop effects, obviously how good a
graphics card you have matters here.

Gordon