[dundee] Next Meet

Nicholas Walker tel0seh at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:27:18 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

Just a reminder about next meet. I'll be doing a talk on stack based buffer
overflows in higher level languages. don't worry if that sounds complicated,
I'll explain what they are and break it down to the basics. It should be a
good one for all you guys particularly interested in computer security.

my talk will contain:

- what are buffer overflows
- hijacking program flow
- what is shellcode
- countermeasures
- how those countermeasures are bypassed

meeting is at 7pm in the HMC tomorrow night. (although it wont be staying
that way for long, more info at the meeting.)

also, for those that haven't had chance to pay their membership fees,
there'll be an opportunity to do that this week.

hope to see loads of people there :D

--

Nick Walker
President : The Linux Society