[dundee] Tiling Window Managers & VirtualBox

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 19:06:13 UTC 2010

On 1 April 2010 16:49, Robert McWilliam <rmcw at allmail.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 04:33:17PM +0100, Nistur wrote:
> <snip>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>

> Not sure it was the type of suggestion you were after, but: I'd
> recommend xmonad. It has the best dual head support I've played with,
> and is infinitely configurable since the configuration is actual haskell,
> though you don't particularly need to know haskell for most
> configurations.

+1 xmonad...  I've never tried i3, and though it does look kinda
cute... xmonads multi-head support is probably the best of any window
manager.

http://jehan.zemarmot.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/screen-triplehead-galois.png

Its also infinitely configurable, and it's reasonably easy to
copy/paste configs and get things going (Haskell knowledge isn't
required, though I'm sure it helps!)

I did like wmii, but sadly the developers dont believe in multi-head.

R.