[dundee] Meeting on the 2nd

Nicholas Walker tel0seh at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 1 14:04:27 UTC 2010

Hey guys, I was waiting to see if some form of miracle was to occur. Sadly,
we're not that lucky and so its pointless to have an AGM without the
community being able to be present. I'll post another mail to the list so
that people not reading this thread to the end know what the score is.

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM, gordon dunlop <zubenel at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On 1 December 2010 12:53, Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> The TayLUG site states that it has been cancelled due to snow. Thanks,
>> Gordon
>>
>> Let's use a bit of common sense on this. We have had over a foot of snow
> and it is still snowing and will be the same tomorrow. The temperature
> tomorrow will be sub-zero temperatures making roads and pavements more
> hazardous. Any buses running will be limited to a few main routes with
> services stopping about 7.pm. It would be totally stupid to try and have
> an AGM where only a few people will manage it. I think it would be rather
> dangerous for you to try and travel from Newtyle, unless you have that magic
> sleigh.
>
> Gordon
>

>> dundee GNU/Linux Users Group mailing list
>> dundee at lists.lug.org.uk  http://dundeelug.org.uk
>> Chat on IRC, #tlug on irc.lug.org.uk

Nick Walker
President : The Linux Society