[dundee] Sony's Playstation 3 Owned

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:05:50 UTC 2010

On 30 December 2010 15:38, Nicholas Walker <tel0seh at googlemail.com> wrote:

> At the 27C3 conference this week, the FailOverflow team have disclosed a
> lot of vulnerabilities including some random number vulnerabilities that
> resulted in Sony's private keys used to sign and authorise their code being
> disclosed.
>

> a very well put together talk, and there's some cheeky stuff in there.
> Welcome linux back to the Ps3 :D
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcbaeKA2moE
>
> --
>
> Nick Walker
> President : The Linux Society
> UAD Ethical Hacker

this should be an interesting few months.  curently useing a usb dongle (HTC
Desire Recovery in my case) to jailbreak the ps3 to run unsigned code.
then use a usb firmware loader and AsbestOSlinux.  one advantage this method
already had over old otherOS was GameOS mode allows accesss to more of the
system.

this will all change soon with these discovery's.

azmodie