[dundee] Linux Society Website

Arron M Finnon finux at finux.co.uk
Fri Feb 19 11:28:07 UTC 2010

Its a shame that no one has done any updating on it, i mean if you
looked at it you would think that the society died after software
freedom day.

Even the meeting dates haven't been updated or anything.  Its a mute
point to mention on the mailing list, but not all members that interact
with the society use the mailing list (well they didn't), however now if
you want to know anything about a society meeting you need to wait for a
mail coming a few days or even the day before.

I understand that there are plans to change the site, but as someone
mentioned to me "if you where a bank designing a new site you just
wouldn't shut up shop on the old one whilst doing it".  I have to
agree.  I fear in fact the lack of anything happening on that site may
actually damage the linux society.  If you looked two weeks ago for
linux in dundee and that popped up you'd think the linux community in
dundee may have died.  Which isn't the case.

I think some of the officers that have been elected need to look at this
issue very closely and start a stop gap solution (actually update the
thing with the next meeting, maybe write a post about a new president {i
see i'm still on as president and Nick as VP}) for now whilst issues in
the back ground are resolved.

I don't want to speak out of turn but really if its going to be left
like that, then my 2 pence worth is please pull it down.  Otherwise
please do something with it, the layout is not always critical, without
being rude and as the media says its 'content stupid'.

I'm sorry if this has offended, however i think i'm not alone in
thinking this is a problem that may have gone on too long.  I know its
not my place any more to make any criticisms or suggestions but i hope
this sparks some form of debate from everyone involved in its upkeep not
just lurkers.

Finux

Kris Davidson wrote:
> Humours such a fickle thing I guess
>
> On 17 February 2010 14:09, Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Most amusing.
>>

>>> Fixed, I think we're good for the next five years

>>> Chat on IRC, #tlug on irc.lug.org.uk
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Robert Ladyman
>> File-Away Limited, 32 Church Street, Newtyle
>> Perthshire, PH12 8TZ SCOTLAND
>> Registered in Scotland, Company Number SC222086
>> Tel: +44 (0) 1828 898 158
>> Mobile: +44 (0) 7732 771 649
>> http://www.file-away.co.uk

Arron "finux" Finnon

Finux.co.uk/blog - Twitter.com/f1nux - facebook.com/finux

Podcasting for HPR and TRACsec, shows can be found at;
http://www.tracsec.com