[dundee] Next Meet

Nicholas Walker tel0seh at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 23 21:42:34 UTC 2010

Hi guys, Next meet is this coming thursday, where we'll have Robert Ladyman
talking about borderless networks.

Here's a short intro by Rob:

"Borderless Networks: there goes the neighbourhood

In this talk I'll cover:-

* what your firewall doesn't protect you against;
* what borderless networks are (and what they are not - watch out for the
marketing hype);
* hosts and adaptors
* the difference between a fortress and a hotel;
* how to pronounce "deperimeterisation" correctly;
* the implications of IPV6;
* pesky printers and horrendous hand-helds."

Can I ask that all officers try to attend this week, as I'll be wanting to
speak to each of you.

--

Nick Walker
President : The Linux Society