[dundee] IPV6

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 14:15:03 UTC 2010

In part thats why I decided on IPv6 - I figured it may be in demand in
the next 5 years or so, that and my 30 or so Linux related project
ideas were rejected. I noticed that theres not alot of planning too,
I'd be making the move now at least internally or drawing up detailed
plans and doing a few test rollouts. Ripe 54/55 had IPv6 as the main
topic.

Some manager from NCR did take a copy of my paper, as if I'd stick a
howto guide in it.

There'll be a lot of mixed setups also which is where I think most
problems will come from.

I imagine some security related issues will come up with NAT not being
needed anymore, that said alot of setups may still use it.

Kris