[dundee] In need of 1U rackmount cases... SSI / EPS12V

Marcel Hecko marcel at shmu.org.uk
Wed Jan 27 18:21:44 UTC 2010

A possibly stupid, but mind-opening question would be:

Are you looking for a proper rack case or is "Google style" rackmount
system sufficient for you? In the second case you would probably be OK
with a simple rack shelf with a few spacers to rest the motherboard on.
That will add up to about 20 quid or so :)

If you send me the precise type of the board I can even produce a
drilling layout for you :) We did the same thing with Wrap boards a
loong time ago. Saves a lot of money.

Afterwards we can open-source the design under the CC license :)

Marcel

On 27/01/2010 18:09, Sean McRobbie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have spent what feels like 3 days trying to source a 1U rackmount supporting SSI (12x13" motherboard) + EPS12V.
>
> Currently the best combination seems to cost us around £200 per unit!
>
> So I thought I'd ask around taylug to see if anybody has any they're looking to flog... hopefully someone does or knows where I could look.
>
> Cheers in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Sean McRobbie

This message is not intended to have contractual effect