[dundee] RMS giving a talk at RIT (New York State)

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 30 22:01:54 UTC 2010

On 30 January 2010 21:33, Andrew Clayton <andrew at digital-domain.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:46:01 +0000, gordon dunlop wrote:
>
> > Richard Stallman will be giving a talk next month at the Rochester
> > Institute of Technology (State of New York), one thing that interests
> > me (from Red Hat/Fedora blogs) is the way that GNU/Linux speakers are
> > welcomed at a lot of North American Universities and is actively
> > encouraged (Universities in North America have no hang ups with
> > Unix/Linux systems), I wonder if RMS or any other major FOSS speaker
> > would get the same reception within the UK University circuit.
>
> Saw RMS at Edinburgh University a few years back.
>
>   You mean 27th May 2004

 http://www.inf.ed.ac.uk/events/lectures/

Edinburgh University is an exception where open source is actively
encouraged and has won an open source award, I am talking in general about
Universities within the UK

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/11/scottish-open-source-awards-2008-and.html

Gordon