[dundee] Lords pass controversial internet piracy bill

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 17:09:29 UTC 2010

On 16 March 2010 16:14, Robert McWilliam <rmcw at allmail.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:56 +0000, "Sean McRobbie" <lug at seany.us> wrote:
>> Lords pass controversial internet piracy bill -
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8569750.stm
>>

> Next it has to pass the commons, the plan for that looks to be without
> much in the way of debate or consideration. Please let your MP know if
> you're not happy about that.
>
> http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/speakout/extremeinternetl

For those who don't know, you can use mySocieties excellent service
"writetothem.com" to write to your MP.  It makes the whole process
dead simple, and the work of minutes...  Simply enter your postcode,
it'll then find your MP.  Next just type your letter about how you're
worried that the Digital Economy Bill is detrimental to society...
I'd make a particular point of how you're concerned that such a wide
reaching bill mightl pass through parliament without due debate.

http://www.writetothem.com/

It really does work (though your MP might not), and you might be
pleasantly surprised to see your MP ask your questions in parliament
(you can check via mysocieties other site, theyworkforyou.com)

R.