[dundee] A8v Deluxe Socket 939 Motherboard

Sean McRobbie lug at seany.us
Thu Mar 25 16:52:40 UTC 2010

Hi Gordon,

Thanks again for your kind offer, it'll really help get me out of this sticky situation. At the minute I'm having to make do with my netbook as every one of my numerous machines has some sort of issue with it - having very back luck as of late :/

I've had a little look and it appears my motherboard was a completely different chipset and design. Mine is a DFI LanParty UT4 (off the top of my head) and is PCI-Express based. With that said, the RAM and Drives will be compatible so it's win-win versus a machine that is unstable.

Unfortunately I can't make it tonight as a deadline is looming but I'll see what I can do for next week.

I'll happily take the graphics card along with this as I am not sure I have any AGP cards left (!!!). I only have an nvidia quadro PCI card which does not play well with Xen kernels unfortunately :( - I'll let you know if one turns up as I don't need a card so powerful as long as it'll work with recent distributions out of the box.

As for my "unstable" kit, anyone who knows their electronics are welcome to have it if you think you can fix it, or make use of some of the parts. I suspect it's a either a hairline fracture or the capacitors are dud but it's all beyond me.

On a side note, any ath9k users here? Having problems with 2.6.32-ARCH where wifi will drop out and kernel panic after 20~500MB transfer redenering my laptop mostly useless.

Regards,
Sean McRobbie