[dundee] Emacs and org-mode

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Fri May 14 10:59:34 UTC 2010

I'm just having a few issues with org-mode, was hoping to write my
dissertation using emacs because I set my netbook up to not have X so
I wouldn't get distracted as much. I could now copy/paste my work into
OO.o and reformat I guess.

The first and most important thing is, when exporting, is there any
way to put text before the contents page?
I thought I could manage this with #+TEXT but it didn't want to do that.

Secondly, is there any way to get it to force linebreaks? I have some
long URLs that go more than 1 line and rather than wrapping they just
keep going off the page...
I have considered tinyurl'ing them but it seems a little awkward.

Lastly, one of the urls has a home directory in it
(http://staff.science.uva.nl/~awitzel/papres/papers.php?download=2008-10_AIIDE
which ironically is the only URL which _does_ wrap) but org-mode
exports the directory to be āwitzel. Any way of stopping that?
Actually, apparently the guy changed to NYU and that URL doesn't have
a tilde in it, best update my reference. Still would be interesting to
know if I could stop that.

I think that's all my issues for now.
Any help anyone? Please?

Thanks