[dundee] High Court rules software liability clause not 'reasonable' - Stick that in your EULA and smoke it

finux at finux.co.uk finux at finux.co.uk
Mon May 17 12:01:46 UTC 2010

A software company's stipulation that customers could not take action
against it for the poor performance of its software was unfair and could
not be enforced, the High Court has said.

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2010/05/12/red_sky_liability_ruling/

^^ there is bit of this that makes me a happy chappy, and there is bits of
this that makes me a little sad.  It doesn't seem to be the end of EULA's
getting away with it, its just that if you use one you best bet your arse
you supply all documentation you refer to when limiting your liability