[dundee] Emacs and org-mode

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Mon May 17 13:22:28 UTC 2010

Bibtex is fairly easy its just standard LaTeX in a different file,
makes referencing a bit more automated.

for example in my abertaydissertation.tex I have:

% Bibliography
\nocite{*} % include everything in the abertaydissertation.bib file
\bibliographystyle{plain} % I hate Harvard referencing its for
humanities students, stupid university.
\bibliography{abertaydissertation}

... use of internal private addresses \cite{rfc:priv}, NAT
\cite{rfc:nat1,rfc:nat2} and CIDR \cite{rfc:cidr1,rfc:cidr2} has
helped...

then in the abertaydissertation.bib file I have:

@misc{rfc:cidr2,
author="F. Baker and E. Lear and R. Droms",
title="{Procedures for Renumbering an IPv6 Network without a Flag Day}",
series="Request for Comments",
number="4192",
howpublished="RFC 4192 (Informational)",
publisher="IETF",
organization="Internet Engineering Task Force",
year=2005,
month=September,
note="\texttt{\url{http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4192.txt} [last accessed
18\textsuperscript{th} of May 2009]}",
}

@misc{rfc:nat1,
  author="P. Srisuresh and M. Holdrege",
  title="{IP Network Address Translator (NAT) Terminology and Considerations}",
  series="Request for Comments",
  number="2663",
  howpublished="RFC 2663 (Informational)",
  publisher="IETF",
  organization="Internet Engineering Task Force",
  year=1999,
  month=August,
  note="\texttt{\url{http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2663.txt} [last
accessed 18\textsuperscript{th} of May 2009]}",
}

Then I just need to compile the file twice and thats it.

Kris