[dundee] Emacs and org-mode

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Tue May 18 15:37:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 04:12:11PM +0100, Nistur wrote:
> Ok, getting there. Slowly. Thanks.
>
> So, I now have the bibliography added in (manually). I have 2 questions.
> 1. how do I change it to Harvard style citations? (Blackmore, 2001)
> rather than [1]

The natbib package adds different citation commands which cite with a
different styles. \citep or \citep* would give output like (Blackmore,
2001) - without the * it puts in et al. when there are more authors,
with the * it lists them all.

> 2. Is there any way to get it to make a references section and a
> bibliography? Apparently we need both (yes, I know it's retarded...)

I'm not sure what the difference between the two would be... Have you
got an example I can have a look at?

    Robert

Robert McWilliam            rmcw at allmail.net             www.ormiret.com

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you
least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of
your unit. -- the US Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.