[dundee] Glibc problems with sound and flash plugin

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 16 22:27:53 UTC 2010

On 16 November 2010 13:59, azmodie <azmodie at gmail.com> wrote:

> according to the flash player 10 page. there is no longer support for flash
> player 64bit on linux
>
> although they are previewing flash square as replacement
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/
>
> <http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/>

 If you download the 64-bit Linux version and untar it you will find it
contains the flash libraries libflashplayer.so which you then copy to the
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/ directory. It works for me, here is a howto for
Fedora/Red Hat/CentOS users underExperimental: Install Adobe’s Real 64-bit
Flash Player 10.2 “Square” (Preview 2 Version) on Fedora 13 (x86_64) CentOS
5.5 (x84_64), Red Hat (RHEL) 5.5 (x86_64) and Red Hat (RHEL) 6 (x86_64) and
it will also give an overview for other Linux Distro users. It works on
youtube o.k in Fedora, the difference between the old 64-bit Linux version
and this one is that security vulnerabilities are addressed and the
libraries have grown from 9.1MB to 10.1MB.

http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2010/install-adobe-flash-player-10-on-fedora-centos-red-hat-rhel/#install-adobe-flash-player-64-bit

Gordon