[dundee] Ubuntu Menus getting lost

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 08:55:07 UTC 2010

Dear Ubuntards,

This is from a Quasar mailing list (Accounting software) where someone keeps
losing menu entries in Ubuntu: can anyone post any pointers for this chap for
me?  The answer does not need to be Quasar-specific, but about the menu issue.

Also, is Quasar in the Ubuntu repositories?

Regards,
RJL

Quote:
-----
I had to do a reinstall of Ubuntu and quasar. I had backed up quasar
onto a memory stick and then restored it in quasar admin. Everything
appeared to run smoothly so I closed for the night. When I reopened this
afternoon the icons were not in Applications>Office. I had a search but
could not find the programs, but did not know where to look to really.
Anyway I reloaded quasar and restored from the backup and again
everything was OK. Just on the off-chance I logged out, restarted, and
found the quasar icons missing from Application>Office. What am I doing
- or have done  - that is causing this to happen?
Just one little query when I restore the backup I have to change the
company name as the message 'this company already exists' appears. Again
I must be doing something incorrectly.
-----
EndQuote

--