[dundee] NEoN Debate - Digital Freedom

Holford-Lovell, Donna d.holford-lovell at abertay.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 17:53:32 UTC 2010

Our final debate will look at digital freedom and will ask actually what does that statement mean or should mean? And do people know how to protect their freedom in a digital age?

As the digital age transforms society we become use to greater democracy and transparency but when they come under attack, who defends them? How do we negotiate the issues of freedom of expression and creativity on something as complex as the Internet?  Join an expert panel, including Tim Dobson from the group Digital Freedom in Education and Youth, to discuss digital freedom.

Venue: GeneratorProjects, 25 Mid Wynd Ind Est., Dundee
Date: 26th October 2010
Time: 6pm - 8pm

Free entry
Donna Holford-Lovell
Cultural Projects Officer

Institute of Arts, Media & Computer Games
White Space, University of Abertay Dundee
DD1 1HG. Tel: 0044 (1)382 308 777
www.abertay.ac.uk/exhibitions

[cid:3370877604_1344220]
08 - 14 November 2010