[dundee] Dundee Mailing List

Arron 'Finux' Finnon finux at finux.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 09:45:21 UTC 2011

On 19/04/11 09:52, gordon dunlop wrote:

>  Thanks for the feedback Rick, I agree with what you are saying. The
> post itself is innocuous, the member joined Autumn 2010, and I got the
> impression he did not realise it was a public mailing list. I will not
> be deleting it but I will modify the "welcome message" for new
> subscribers which will include the words "public mailing list" in it,
> so that new subscribers are in no doubt that posts are open to the
> whole world.
>
> Gordon
In danger of sounding like Swifty, i think it could be wise to look at a
privacy policy, and maybe having to T&C's.

I know it sounds crap, but they maybe a need to make sure that there is
an accepted EULA of some sort so that someone can't say to the ICO "well
i asked and then they told me its public", or disputing messages or
blar, blar, blar.  I'm sure we'd be in the right, however it would be a
lot easier to say, you accepted that the post was public, and it was to
be used for this purposes.

My 2 cent, you have as usual been overcharged

--
Arron "finux" Finnon

Finux.co.uk - Twitter.com/f1nux - facebook.com/finux

PGP: http://finux.co.uk/finux.asc