[dundee] Detaching from X11 forwarding sessions

Simon Iremonger enyc-lugs at sheer.us
Thu Jul 7 15:02:27 UTC 2011

>>   via VNC.  You can use screen or just background the process
> This is essentially what Xpra does but in a nicer way. Instead of Xvnc,
> it uses Xvfb, which is X on a virtual frame buffer. It also adds some
> magic to make the windows appear seamlessly on your regular desktop
> instead of having a desktop within a desktop, so to speak.

Xpra gives you the functionality of GNU Screen for X applications."

> James

Wow! thankyou for that. Useful to know.

I wonder what the state of 'general remote desktop' addon
  (rather than specific sessions like xdmcp, or terminal-
  only like LTSP booting), is like now......  A separate
  discussion I guess ;-).

--Simon