[dundee] Fwd: Help required

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Tue Nov 1 15:07:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:18:05 +0000, gordon dunlop wrote:

> We (Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital) have a "web" based ordering
> program which we have to use. This program does not feedback any
> information in real time or even on a daily basis. We were wondering
> if there would be a way of capturing the information from the input
> screens or writing a program which would once a day interrogate the
> web based program's order status search facility.

Note: I neither work at Ninewells or Dundee University and have never
seen the system in question.

However, your second options seems like the more practical one.

In very simple terms, something like the following:

wget http://www.ordersystem.com/search/?date=today&category=instruments -O search.html

That will give you a html file called search.html with the contents of your
search results. From there you'd need to parse that file, to extract the
information you need in the format you want it.

Apologies if this isn't at all what your after.

Andrew