[dundee] http://evercu.be/

Calum Lind calumlind at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 15:50:05 UTC 2011

Although it looks quite cool, I just wonder if its a bit too pricey as a
simpler and cheaper option is an external 5bay raid box (£90) connected to
Guruplug Server Plus (£90) via esata.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/inter-tech-ipc-sub-raid-st-2250-res-extern-5x
http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-32-guruplug-server-plus.aspx

Personally I would go for a '6 x 2.5" drive bays into 5.25" bay' with an
mITX motherboard. Although power consumption would be quite a bit more than
the Guruplug at around 20-30W and finding the perfect small case might be
tricky, it would benefit from being x86 based so more options for OS's and
software.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/sharkoon-sata-quickport-internal-sata-iii-6-gb-s-6xbay-25-hdd-into-single-525-bay

Calum