[dundee] CACert....what's wrong with this picture?

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 10:02:46 UTC 2011

Firstly, I receive an un-signed email from them (this is a certification
organisation, remember).

Then, when I go to the page, I'm told the certificate is not in my browser
(understandable), but if I want it, I must agree to the distribution licence
which, as part of the disclaimer, states:

"THIS LICENSE SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT PERMIT YOU TO RELY UPON ANY CERTIFICATES
ISSUED BY CACERT INC. IF YOU WISH TO RELY ON CERTIFICATES ISSUED BY CACERT
INC, YOU MUST ENTER INTO A SEPARATE AGREEMENT WITH CACERT INC"

(which is a little like KwikFit not guaranteeing that their tyres will be
round).

Perhaps it's just me.

--
Robert Ladyman