[dundee] EthHack ISC Diary | Hacking HP Printers for Fun and Profit

Tim Spencer samurai.mit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:25:53 UTC 2011

Now if your like Abertay and dont have a password on the internalprinter
configuration page, which lets u upload any firmware u want then ur even
more into a win. I always played with the idea that as soon as the 'new'
fireware would read Exam or other such nifty keywords it would mass email
them to all students. (since the webserver inside Abertay is accessible via
command line and does not require a valid sender). And the usernames are a
random number from within that year.

wooty woo

Yet alas I found difficult to find any information on the way the fireware
was compiled or coded, bad closed source.