[dundee] DVD Encoding

Stuart McCulloch Anderson root-theos at nxfifteen.com
Fri Jun 15 06:29:46 UTC 2012

Morning everyone,

I've been using Handbrake as my encoder of choice for a while now and I'm now looking for an alternative.

Handbrake has served my well in the past but I'm fed up of how much error checking I have to encorporate into my workflow. For example; did handbrake crash?, was a zero byte file produced, is the resulting file the right length.

What ever I replace handbrake with it has to run from a command line because the machines i use are all headless and ideally it would support H.245 codex cause that's what everything I already have is encoded as. 5.1 seround sound is also vital.

Anyone got any suggestions for me? Or personal experience getting handbrake to be a little more reliable?