[dundee] Attendance List

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 10:23:49 UTC 2013

Thanks, Kevin. I gave this a go: nice and small, isn't it, just 40 lines
inclusing whitespace.

~

I've been thinking more about this whole idea, and wondered about a small set
of calls such as (4 say):-

http://.../whoami
http://.../whoamiauth
.../services
.../servicesauth

The 'services' calls could return a list of whatever else is available on the
particular system (perhpas in both human or 'machine' format) - the call
format, a description, etc.

The 'auth' set might be for calls requiring permission for the caller to use
(by identification - for instance). Still thinking about this though...I like
how small the code is for the 'public' stuff and it introduces deniability if
no authorisation is required but a device owner needs to be able to identify
the caller in order to restrict or determine what is sent...

> Hey folks,
>
> As some of you may recall, Robert did a good talk a few weeks ago on how
>  there really isn't an internet. In that talk, he discussed an attendance
>  list of sorts for the coffeeshop meetings which could run on multiple
>  devices. Well, after a few hours of coding, I made just that
>  https://github.com/kevinisageek/attendance
>
> Simply run attendance.py on your command line and you will get html. As a
>  proof of concept it works. What doesn't work as yet is serving it from a
>  web server. I have made a php kludge (just runs the file on the command
>  line and outputs that to the browser) to workaround some aspects of python
>  web development that I dislike but it is untested.
>
> Have fun!
>
> Kevin

Robert Ladyman
File-Away Limited
3 Ralston Business Centre, Newtyle, Blairgowrie
Perthshire  PH12 8TL SCOTLAND
Tel: +44 (0) 1828 898 158
Mobile: +44 (0) 7732 771 649
http://www.file-away.co.uk