[dundee] Meeting January 31st - ICMP - the proxy your admin hates to block

Chairman The Software Society chairman at thesoftwaresociety.org.uk
Sun Jan 27 18:24:14 UTC 2013

My apologies for this delay! It has been entirely my fault, not Ryan's. I just want you to know that

Here are the details, use them anyway you see fit -
Next Meeting: January 31st @19:00
Ryan Ward - "ICMP - the proxy your admin hates to block"
@ The Burgh Coffee House (Up Stairs), Commercial Street
http://thesoftwaresociety.org.uk/calendar

ICMP is the fundamental protocol in network diagnostics. During my second year at university
I discovered an old article in Phrack magazine that used this protocol to break out of restricted
networks. Researchers found that through crafting specific ICMP packets they could create 2-way
traffic. The concept preys on the inconvenience caused by blocking ICMP.

This presentation aims to show the simplicities of deploying an ICMP Tunnel and discus the
malicious application of such a tunnel.

And as always...
  If you have been, thanks for reading

Stuart McCulloch Anderson
Chairman

The Software Society Limited
3 Ralston Business Centre,
Newtyle, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, PH12 8TL, SCOTLAND

Mobile: +44 (0) 7787 432 476

A Company Limited by Guarantee