[dundee] Dundee Drupal User Group - Tuesday 21st May

Rob Carr rob at carr.me
Thu May 16 10:31:05 UTC 2013

Due to popular demand, I'm helping to set up a Drupal (http://drupal.org) User Group in Dundee. For some reason the local meetups in Scotland (http://groups.drupal.org/scotland) seem to be termed 'Drupal Drinks' - read into that what you want...

We're having our first meeting next Tuesday (21st May), in room 1G10 in the Dalhousie Building (http://www.dundee.ac.uk/general/campusguide/virtualtour/dalhousie/).

The room's available from 6.30pm, with the main event kicking off at 7pm. We'll have an intro to the group, and an overview of recent activity across the world in all things Drupal. There'll be an opportunity for a few web shops and agencies to pitch local Drupal jobs (yes, you can earn a living from OSS), and maybe a couple of lightning talks on cool things to do in Drupal.

The meetup date coincides with with first day of the annual [US] DrupalCon, so we happen to have timed it so (instead of our main presentation) we'll watch a live stream of Dries delivering his keynote (instead of a main presentation), including what the next version of Drupal 8 will deliver - a convenient summary for Drupal beginners and experienced developers alike. I've got a spare slab of Williams Bros beers (donated to a recent Drupal Camp) which I'll bring along - so free software can mean free beer too.

We'll then adjourn to Duke's Corner (http://www.dukescorner.co.uk/) for beer and chat afterwards.

All are welcome - especially those who are new to Drupal or want to find out anything about getting started. As with Drupal, the event is free... just please signup via http://groups.drupal.org/node/296978 so we know who's coming. If you don't have a drupal.org account, it doesn't take long to register, and you won't get bombarded with email.

Hope to see some of you next week.

Rob Carr

rob at carr.me 07854 769427
http://cognimatic.com