[dundee] Meeting 10th Ocotber - Saltstack with Kris Findlay

Chairman The Software Society chairman at thesoftwaresociety.org.uk
Fri Oct 4 13:30:10 UTC 2013

Good morning Gays and Gals,

Straight off the press is the announcement for this weeks meeting, Kris will be talking to us all about Saltstack an open configuration management system, and more - of course.

In his own words...

SaltStack takes a new approach to infrastructure management by developing software that is easy enough to get running in minutes, scalable enough to manage tens of thousands of servers, and fast enough to communicate with them in seconds.

SaltStack delivers a dynamic infrastructure communication bus used for orchestration, remote execution, configuration management and much more. The Salt open source project was launched in 2011 and today is the fastest-growing, most-active configuration management / systems management project in the world.

Hope to see you all there. Here are the details, use them anyway you see fit -
Next Meeting: October 10th @18:45
@ The Burgh Coffee House (Up Stairs), Commercial Street
http://thesoftwaresociety.org.uk/calendar

As always...
If you have been, thanks for reading and remember

Stuart McCulloch Anderson
Chairman

The Software Society Limited
3 Ralston Business Centre,
Newtyle, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, PH12 8TL, SCOTLAND

Mobile: +44 (0) 7787 432 476

Follow me on Twitter @nxfifteen or The Software Society @softsocltd
Our website is http://thesoftwaresociety.org.uk

A Company Limited by Guarantee

"I love you cause you join me in my madness" - another crazy guy