[dundee] Looking for Hard Disks -

Felix Bauer lists at ai4me.de
Mon Jul 21 08:41:43 UTC 2014

It should be as many different manufacturers and models as possible.
Preferably more recent ones but also older models because they tend to
not be as highly integrated as current PCBs.

There are two parts of my project that specifically require hard disks:
* First is to analyse the components on the PCB.
Which will not be destructive.
* Second is to try and run own code, which will probably not allow
further use as a data storage.
So it starts from taking a picture of either side and goes up to
complete disassembly.

According to the Internet disks from Western Digital tend to be hackable.

If you have any spare hard disks or want to know more detailed what I am
planing to do, I'll be at the MakerSpace meeting today and always
reachable via email.

Cheers
Felix