[dundee] Web Workshop #004 – Get up to Speed with Drupal

Paul Sutherland newsonthegrapevine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:26:48 UTC 2015

Hello,

We return with our Web Workshop #004 <https://www.dundeemakerspace.co.uk/events/web-workshop-004-get-speed-drupal/> on Tuesday 17th February 2014 and tickets are available here <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/web-workshop-004-get-up-to-speed-with-drupal-tickets-15711208648>.

This month we are pleased to welcome John Hume from Drupal Scotland who will get us up to speed with Drupal, a powerful Content Management System that powers millions of websites and web applications across the globe.

In this workshop John will bring us up to speed on what Drupal is, where it is going and how we can get started using it.  There will be a workshop following the talk where we will get you up to speed and installing Drupal ready for use in your projects or within your organisation.

There will be a lot to cover, but don't worry if you have absolutely no experience as this workshop is for both novice and professional.  There will be a wide range of experienced people, from novice to guru, who will help you get up and running and get your first Drupal site in place.

Pre-requisites for the workshop are to have a LAMP or equivalent stack installed.  So for Windows please install WAMP <http://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/>, for MAC please install MAMP <http://www.mamp.info/en/> and for Linux, setup a LAMP stack from your distribution’s repositories.

Need help? If you need help to get started, please feel free to drop into Dundee MakerSpace <https://www.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode&q=Unit+5,+Vision+Building,+20+Greenmarket+Dundee+Angus+DD1+4QB+United+Kingdom> on a Monday evening from 6.30pm and we will help you get set up.

Thanks,

Paul