[dundee] Domain registration

Tom Paynter tompaynter at tdpe.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 13:02:51 UTC 2015

Hi Stuart,

I have been using Freola/Getdotted for several years, they do the job, but
the UI is a bit painful to use, and sometimes quite slow to actually
update DNS records.

I have recently started using OVH for domains at work, so far so good.
Much better(less bullshit) UI and seems more responsive when you change
things.

I know that some of the problems can be caused by the DNS servers
themselves, as it can take quite some time for changes to propagate.
Especially with the name caching that happens at various stages (main DNS
servers, ISP, Local Network, and even web browsers).

One thing I would recommend is to keep hosting and domains separate, I
have had problems with companies canceling hosting as a result of me
transferring a domain away from them.

Also what date am I penciled in to do that Qt talk?

Cheers,
Tom