[Nelug] Oracle on Linux

Simon Oldham simon.oldham at sicom-systems.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 17:34:00 UTC 2003

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. It transpired that Oracle 8i does not run with
newer versions of glibc wihtout some major tweaking (the only instructions
available on how to perform these tweaks, as usual, were for Red Hat not
Mandrake). I installed Oracle 9i in the end.

It transpired that most of my problems were down to booting into the secure
kernel and then trying to install Oracle- both 8i and 9i. When I booted into
the normal Kernel, there were no problems.

Anyhoo, it works fine now.

Si.