[Nelug] Red Hat Help Required

Ian McKeag ian at pulsar.uklinux.net
Sat Feb 21 03:15:01 UTC 2004

Gordon Mark Forrest wrote:

>Can anyone help?
>
>             I managed to load Red Hat onto my PC. When the system reboots
>for the first time
>I get an error message and all 3 lights on my keyboard flash.
>
>    Code:ff 50 10 eb d0 eb 0d 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90
>
>    < 0 > Kernal panic: Attempted to kill init!
>

>                                    Gordon

I have seen this on only two occasions and both were found to be harware
faults.  One was a motheboard memory management problem and was fixed
by replacing the board and the second was caused by faulty memory and cured
by, yes, replacing the ram.  In both cases the system would "correctly"
install
and boot Windows XP and both systems passed the PCcheck memory test.

I'm sure this is not what you want to hear.

Regards.
Ian.