[Durham] Linux routing via 2 Open vpn servers to different destinations

Andrew Glass andrewglass3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 19:26:49 UTC 2013

Good evening peeps :)

Merry Christmas! :D

Ok so Ive just this moment decided to do myself a little project involving
my little odroid-U2 quad I bought (cracking little bit of kit basically a
samsung galaxy s3 quad with 2 gb ram on a board smaller than a raspberry pi
with eth, 2 x usb 2 ports, 3.5mm audi, mini hdmi, eMMC and microsd slots)

What I basically want is a permanent vpn connection for all my outgoing
traffic routing via the odroid which will run openvpn to my openvpn server
in Amsterdam (digitalocean droplet) then depending on the website I want, I
would like it to split off in one of two directions.

If the address is netflix (so much more choice on the USA netflix compared
to UK) I want it to route from Amsterdam to my openvpn server in New York
so I can watch USA Netflix.  If its any other type of traffic  its to jump
off the vpn at amsterdam and go surfing on the normal internet.  Does that
make sense?

I have a basic range of netflix addresses which are also served via Amazon
EC2.

Im just trying to figure out the routing commands to add to my server/
openvpn configuration in Amsterdam to allow this to happen.

This is the first time I have done anything this complicated.  Can it be
done?  Examples of any useful routing commands to achieve this would be
most gratefully received.

Hope you are all well :)

Cheers

Andy