[Durham] New motherboard and processor

andrew andrewglass3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 07:56:06 UTC 2013

Hey

Can I have your advice please?

Im selling my iMac (can here the cheers from here lol)  and with the money Im going to build myself a mid to high range tower.  I've been looking at a couple of motherboards for an i5 or i7 based system.

These are the boards

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-555-AS&tool=3

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-391-GI&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=2261

Could you recommend another mid range board for about that price that would fit the bill? Or are these more than enough for what ill be using them for?

Im going to be using linux and windows dual boot on it and ill be running virtual box for vm's

I will possibly play a few games on it too…not sue yet.

I quite like the look of the new i7 ivy bridge processor but its  bit pricy at £240 when I can get a Sandybridge i5 for 70 quid less.  Again any advice on the processor would be most welcome.

These are the two processors Im looking at

i7 - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-403-IN&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=567

i5 - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-361-IN&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=1275

My inner nerd says i7 lol what do you guys think?

Cheers

Andy