[Durham] wireless access point/router

Richard Mortimer richm at oldelvet.org.uk
Mon Jan 20 15:15:31 UTC 2014

All,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a wifi access point that would be
suitable for use in a village hall. I'm not expecting it will get a
massive amount of use/traffic just the usual Book of Faces and Twits etc.

It will be wall mounted high up and wired back to the ADSL modem that
lives in a far corner of the building. As an open source geek I'd
naturally have a tendancy for something that would potentially support
Openwrt (and friends) but that's certainly not a deal breaker. Cost is
naturally an issue so no high end NSA-enabled Cisco devices required.