[Durham] Web hosting

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Sun Nov 12 14:20:07 UTC 2017

On 12/11/17 11:28, Oliver Burnett-Hall via Durham wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a web host provider? This is just for personal
> use and I don't need anything complicated: just web plus database.
> Ideally I'd like SFTP/SSH access to the virtual host. And cheap is good.
>
> - olly

I've always been happy with Mythic Beasts where I have my own and my
running club's hosting. I have shell/ssh/stfp access to their sphinx
server and it's nice just being able to ssh in and use the command line.
I also have a VM with them that I bought on impulse but rarely use.
Support is very good. Usually the same pool of familiar names and all
done efficiently by e-mail.

There product list and pricing is here:
https://www.mythic-beasts.com/hosting

but give me a shout if you want to know anything more. I'm a big fan and
I've been with them for years.

Dougie